Zilda A. P. Del Prette e Almir Del Prette
This book is a theoretical and practical guide in the field of social skills and social competence, based on decades of experience gained by the authors as researchers and professionals in psychology. The book was written for students and professionals who are involved in some way improving individuals´ social skills in different contexts, such as clinical, educational, organizational and community settings. The authors present the conceptual foundations, procedures, techniques, strategies and practical guidelines for planning and conducting effective programs aimed to social skills and social competence.
In the first part of the book, key concepts and fundamentals on the area are presented, as well as the basic behavioral classes of social skills and their non-verbal and paralinguistic components. The authors also propose a portfolio for the assessment of clients’ social skills deficits and strengths to thereby define the aims and procedures of interventions.
The second part focuses on guidelines to select and use procedures and techniques for promoting social skills and social competence. The authors present experiential activities that they created in previous interventions and that were tested in their research, showing evidence of effectiveness. Suggestions on how to evaluate participants’ repertoires and how to use these ideas in intervention planning are also described.
Finally, in the third part of the book, the authors go further presenting practical guidelines for planning and conducting programs and sessions to promote social skills and social competence, in either group or individual settings.
Table of contents (10 chapters)
- Social Skills Pages 3-15 Del Prette, Zilda A. P. (et al.) Preview
- Social Competence Pages 17-37 Del Prette, Zilda A. P. (et al.) Preview
- Interpersonal Tasks and Cultural Practices Pages 39-44 Del Prette, Zilda A. P. (et al.) Preview
- Programs and the Experiential Method Pages 45-57 Del Prette, Zilda A. P. (et al.) Preview
- Evaluation Pages 61-67 Del Prette, Zilda A. P. (et al.) Preview
- Techniques, Procedures, and Resources Associated with Experiential Activities Pages 69-76 Del Prette, Zilda A. P. (et al.) Preview
- How to Promote Social Competence Requirements Pages 77-83 Del Prette, Zilda A. P. (et al.) Preview
- Planning a Social Skills Program Targeted at Social Competence Pages 87-96 Del Prette, Zilda A. P. (et al.) Preview
- Conducting a Social Skills Program Oriented Toward Social Competence Pages 97-115 Del Prette, Zilda A. P. (et al.) Preview
- Experiential Activities and Other Procedures and Techniques for Social Skills Programs Pages 117-171 Del Prette, Zilda A. P. (et al.) Preview
Buy this book
eBook $69.99 price for Brazil Buy eBook
- ISBN 978-3-030-70127-7
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF, EPUB
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase